Following Sale To RTL, SpotXchange Partners With 2 European Networks

SpotXchange, the Denver-based supply-side platform (SSP) that was majority-acquired by European media company RTL Group this summer, this week made its first moves to expand in Europe post-acquisition. SpotXchange has partnered with IP Deutschland’s Netzathleten Media and RTL Nederland’s Videostrip.

The deal -- now final -- saw RTL Group acquire 65% of SpotXchange for $144 million, with the opportunity to acquire the remaining 35% in the future.

A SpotXchange representative told Real-Time Daily that the company doesn’t view these new partnerships as “tests” to determine whether or not RTL Group will buy the remaining 35% of the SpotXchange (which would be worth somewhere around $77 million), and that the “decision to acquire the remaining share will be based on a number of factors.” But one has to think these first steps will be significant.

The rep added that the partnerships with Netzathleten and Videostrip are “just the first of many partnerships with RTL Group in the European market.”

Next story loading loading..