Which is why Teen Vogue is so smart to drop their pop-up mall store strategy and move to Lincoln Square, where the real action is about to begin. As reported, Teen Vogue's "Haute Spot" will be open from Sept. 8 through Sept. 15, including makeovers sponsored by Maybelline, book signings, IMG Worldwide casting agents, fashion bloggers and editor appearances, and "screenings" where visitors can view runway show videos.
Okay, so it's not like anyone is going to actually get a front-row seat at Fashion Week, but it's pretty darn close to the action, and a brilliant marketing promotion. Here's how Teen Vogue gets it right:
1. Fashion focus.Teen Vogueisn't another run-of-the-mill teen magazine. It's the sister publication of Vogue, and that means fashion, fashion and more fashion. When it comes to this niche market, sticking to the core subject area is key, and Teen Vogue gets it right with high-quality style information, hands-on beauty tips and on-site experts.
2. Awareness of core audience trends. The trendiest, savviest, most fashion-forward youth aren't getting trend ideas at the mall. Or maybe they are ... but they no longer want to admit that. Downtown New York City in the middle of Fashion Week is way, way cooler.
3. Perfect partnerships. While Maybelline is not known as a high fashion brand, it's price point and accessibility is an excellent match for teen consumers. Pairing a well-known brand with high style makeovers, fashion experts and runway videos, this promotional package is sure to draw visitors in.
4. Image is everything. Did someone say casting agents?? Attracting a bunch of gorgeous would-be models is sure to draw in ... more gorgeous would-be models. Not to mention anyone who wants to be seen standing next to a gorgeous would-be model. Talk about driving traffic, image and buzz in one punch.
5. Brand synergy. The entire promotion not only promotes the magazine Teen Vogue and its partners, but everything the brand stands for: fashion, high style, and savvy insider tips. Next up: haute magazine sales.