Procter & Gamble and Saatchi & Saatchi New York,
along with contributorsHearts & Science, Taylor Strategy, MKTG and MMC won the 2019 Grand Effie (best in show) for the P&G spot “It’s a Tide Ad.”
U.S. Effie Awards, which celebrate advertising effectiveness, were presented at a gala Thursday night in New York City.
The evening also marked a milestone for the Effie — the
award’s 50th anniversary.
“‘It’s a Tide Ad’ had insight, magic, effervescence, surprise, extraordinary execution and great numbers,” said
Grand Effie Juror, David Lubars,Chairman, Chief Creative Officer, BBDO. “When all of these things come together in a seemingly effortless way, it’s a winner.”
Grand Effie contenders(top scoring Gold Effie winners) also included:
- Chicago Sun-Times & Ogilvy “The Blank Page”
- Diageo North America &
TracyLocke “Diageo Pretty Simple Drinks”
- Gerber & co-lead agencies Terri & Sandy and Ogilvy “Anything for Baby” with Edible, Hornall Anderson
- Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats & co-lead agencies Leo Burnett/Arc and Starcom “Write-on Wrappers” with Google and
- National Safety Council & Energy BBDO “Prescribed to Death” with PHD and Ketchum
- Tourism Australia & Droga5 “Dundee: A tourism campaign in disguise” with UM and Kovert Creative
Axe & co-lead agencies Team Unilever Shopper and Geometry “Axe Start His Journey” with Mirum Shopper
- WeCounterHate and POSSIBLE-Seattle for “Life After Hate” with Spredfast and Hearby Sound
commemorate the Effies’ 50th anniversary, a new “5 For 50” Effie was created. Entrants were required to have won more than one Effie Award over more than one year and
demonstrated that they most effectively adapted, stayed relevant and sustained business success for the brand over time.
The five 5 for 50 Effie Award recipients are:
- Apple & Media Arts Lab “From the brink of bankruptcy to one of the world’s most beloved brands” with OMD USA
- Unilever & Ogilvy “Dove - Campaign for Real
Beauty” with Edelman USA
- IBM & Ogilvy “IBM. A leading brand. A lasting brand.”
- Mastercard & McCann Worldgroup “22 Years of
- Nike & Wieden+Kennedy “Nike Just Do It”
The most effective marketers from the 2019 Effie Awards U.S.
- Marketers: 1st Procter & Gamble, 2nd Mondelez International, 3rd Diageo, McDonald’s & Tourism Australia
(three way tie)
- Brands: 1st McDonald’s & Tourism Australia (tie), 2nd National Safety Council, 3rd Tide
Companies: 1st IPG, 2nd WPP, 3rd Omnicom
- Agency Networks: 1st McCann Worldgroup, 2nd Ogilvy, 3rd
- Agency Offices: 1st Droga5 (NY), 2nd Ogilvy (NY), 3rd Geometry (NY)
- Independent Agencies: 1st
Droga5, 2nd Terri & Sandy, 3rd 22squared & Swellshark (tie)
A complete list of Gold, Silver and Bronze winners for the Effie Awards U.S. and
winning case studies can be found here.