Adland luminary Jon Bond has launched a new marketing
consultancy called Weightless, that includes a number of other well-regarded industry veterans who will work with clients to optimize their use
of complex technology and marketing platforms, AI and “other demands that don’t fit neatly into any category.”
“The age of the general practitioner in
medicine — or marketing — is over,” stated Bond. “As in medicine where the specialist is now the way, marketing too is now splintered into specialties that
form every year, from data science to growth marketing to email conversion.”
Bond was a founder of Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners, which was later sold to MDC Partners (which in turn
was merged with Stagwell). Later he was Chairman of ad fraud detection firm White Ops (sold to Goldman Sachs) and CEO of social agency Big Fuel (acquired by Publicis Groupe).
include BMW, Hennessey and pet tech platform startup Halo Collar.
In addition to Bond, the Weightless team is comprised of eight leading industry veterans spanning design, creative, media,
innovation and tech expertise, including:
- Mariusz Kamienski, whose focus is brand design. Previously, he founded MK2GD Design and served at both Y&R and McCann.
- Patrick Hanlon a specialist in brand community creation. He founded Primal Branding Group
- Diana Pessin, a media and marketing veteran who spent 17 years at HBO followed by a stint
as senior vice president, Media Strategy Audience & Marketing Analytics at Warner Media Entertainment/HBO/HBO Max.
- Steve Thibodeau, a customer experience specialist who previously was
president of interactive and CRM agency Dotglu and co-founder customer experience consultancy Wide Open.
- Jon Cropper, who will do “stuff you’ve never seen before.”
He was global director of innovation at Aston Martin and earlier served as creator at Y&R. He also served at Nissan and was CMO at Sean Combs’ Bad Boy Entertainment and was director of
development for music legend Quincy Jones.
- Media specialist Barry Lowenthal, who knows Bond from way back having served as CEO of Media Kitchen for 20 years. Media Kitchen was started as the
media arm of KBP.
- Sean Clayton who will focus on cutting edge digital & web3. He’s founded media agency Myosin and was Chief Strategy Officer at Sito Mobile and served as a GroupM
- Yoram Greener, an analytics and technology specialist. He founded Juba Plus which was sold to Merkle where he served as a senior data and tech executive. He also worked with
Bond at Big Fuel.