Results for September 2007
- Digitas Cold To Mobile
- Because of its serious scaling shortcomings, mobile will remain on the margins of Digitasâ€™ media planning strategies. That was the word from the agencyâ€™s VP and media director Jordon Bitterman during a break out session on Tuesday afternoon.
â€oeIt doesnâ€™t have the scale â€¦ Our marketers are looking for scale,â€ Bitterman said.
On the contrary, Bitterman said he and his piers at Digitas canâ€™t get enough of widgets.
â€oeWith widgets, weâ€™ve had some good experiences,â€ he added. â€oeWeâ€™re seeing click through rates of 10%, and engagement beyond that click is also very high.â€
During the session--â€oeMetrics ...» 0 Comments
- An Algorithm Will Never Make You Cry
- A quartet of digital creatives had an opportunity to play their favorite game Tuesday afternoon: Bash the algorithm(!), and the thought that computer code might be or become better at reaching and engaging consumers than narrative advertising.
â€oeAlgorithms donâ€™t forward to their friends,â€ said Ty Montague, Executive Creative Director, JWT. â€oeThey donâ€™t appreciate stories.â€
â€oeNo one will ever replace the need for great storytelling,â€ he added. â€oeTechnology makes it possible, but at the end of the day thereâ€™s a human hand involved.â€
Seconded Peter Nicholson, Partner, Chief Creative Officer, Deutsch New York: â€oeStories really get in touch ...» 0 Comments
- Inside The Advertisers Studio
- The media business â€" â€oeA fascinating business, donâ€™t you think,â€ David Verklin, CEO of Carat Americas asked the lunching audienceâ€¦ to a collective and virtually audible eye-roll.
Moments earlier, we saw the two authors exchange their new books â€" â€oeA sacred moment,â€ noted Lipton, whose book, â€oeInside, Inside,â€ is an forthcoming autobiography. Verklinâ€™s book, â€oeWatch This, Listen Up, Click Here: Inside the 300 Billion Dollar Business Behind the Media You Constantly Consume,â€ is self-explanatory, other than the fact that its not intended for industry types, but for the lay person. â€oeI found it to be an enormous challenge,â€ Verklin ...» 0 Comments
- Lipton and Verklin Go Head-to-Head
- OMMA East attendees are presently stuffing the main dining groom, anxiously awaiting their fish-chicken-or-beef and a sure to be enjoyable conversation between David Verklin, CEO of Carat Americas and the supremely quixotic James Lipton. I suppose the real writer, poet and Dean Emeritus of the Actors Studio Drama School will do, but Will Ferrellâ€"who did an amazing Lipton impersonation on SNLâ€"would have been awesome. â€oeHA HA HA HA HAâ€¦â€» 0 Comments
- Meanwhile, Over At The NAD
- Here's a report from the other side of town at the NAD annual conference.» 0 Comments
- What's The Value Of A Widget?
- Panelist 1: Do you guys have brands asking you to create widgets for them? Panelist 2: All the time.» 0 Comments
- We Don't Need No Steenken' Carriers
- I am getting the distinct feeling that the mobile carriers may have waited a bit too long to embrace the ad model. Tons of activity is going on.» 0 Comments
- Unilever Readies Social Media Blitz
Babs Rangaiah, is director of media & entertainment at Unilever, but heâ€™s also quite the PR and promotion guy. Not once, but twice he teased the OMMA New York crowd this afternoon to watch for some new online campaigns coming out in â€oeweeksâ€ and â€oemonthsâ€ that would further transform the way the bleeding edge marketer utilizes the Web. Naturally, Rangaiah didnâ€™t disclose details, but he said the big innovation would involve, guess what, consumers.
The new work, he said, would reveal, â€oeWhere we are really levering social media more than we did ...» 0 Comments
- Open Source Marketing
- Coke's Shane Steele: How do we redefine CRM? We have a new world where we can engage in a dialogue. It goes beyond just sign-ups, but to an ongoing platform.
Unilever's Babs Rangaiah: Optimizing campaigns by pushing it. By creating campaigns to get into people's lives, it keeps going. We're recognizing size and scale of social. You'll see a lot of interesting things in the coming months.» 0 Comments