Results for July 2005
- Just An Online Minute... CMOs Cough Up Online Budgets
- One of the more dramatic moments of Ad:Tech in Chicago this week came when Susan Bratton, chair of the Ad:Tech advisory board and CEO of Cendara, Inc., interviewed a panel of marketing officers Tuesday morning.» 0 Comments
- Just An Online Minute... Consumer-Generated Content King At Ad:Tech
- In an industry where everyone's always looking for the next new thing, it seems as if interest is already waning in some of the last year's hottest topics --search, behavioral marketing, spam laws, cookie deletions and the like -- at least if Ad:Tech is anything to go by.» 0 Comments
- Just An Online Minute... Network Live
- Today, there's a new on-demand entertainment company on the scene. Dubbed "Network Live," the company is a joint venture between America Online, XM Satellite Radio Holdings, and Anschutz Corp.'s AEG, which produces concerts and owns sports and entertainment venues.
On the heels of AOL's successful Live 8 global concerts, the online media giant is showing that it's more determined than ever to be a leader in providing live and on-demand entertainment.» 0 Comments
- Just An Online Minute... Webbish Time Waster
- From the "duh" files comes a new finding that U.S. workers waste more than two hours a day - much of it surfing the Web. The finding comes from an online survey conducted by America Online and Salary.com.
The survey -- conducted online, naturally -- via America Online's Find a Job site and Salary.com's Salary Wizard, collected results from more than 10,000 workers.» 0 Comments
- Just An Online Minute... New Wireless Domain
- There's a new domain for Web sites that are used in conjunction with wireless phones and devices. It's ".mobi."
The new suffix was approved by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers at a meeting last week in Amsterdam. The first Web sites for mobile devices will be ready in 2006.» 0 Comments
- Just An Online Minute... Broadband Jump
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) reports that the number of consumers and businesses that have broadband (high-speed) Internet service increased 34 percent last year to nearly 38 million lines. The FCC reports that nearly 5.4 million broadband subscribers were added during the second half of 2004.» 0 Comments
- Just An Online Minute... Adware Study Supports Transparency
- A new study about attitudes towards spyware and adware by the Pew Internet & American Life Project confirms that online users are now aware -- and resentful -- of ad-serving programs.» 0 Comments
- Just An Online Minute... Leveraging Live 8
- Earlier, today's Email Insider, "A State of Mind" written by Bill McCloskey, was mistakenly sent out under the name of Just an Online Minute. Here is today's actual Minute, "Leveraging Live 8" written by Tobi Elkin. We regret the error.
On-demand Web video. Is there a market for it?
This weekend's global Live 8 concert event was a success for AOL in terms of streaming live video on the Web and perhaps more importantly, the ability to make it available on an evergreen on-demand basis.» 0 Comments
- Just An Online Minute... Live 8 Sets Web Records
- Earlier this year, Yahoo!'s media group head, Lloyd Braun, lamented that the Internet still hadn't had its defining "I Love Lucy" moment, the turning point that would transform the Web into a mass entertainment medium.» 0 Comments
- Just An Online Minute... AOL's Live 8 Extravaganza
- America Online is getting ready for its biggest Webcast ever when it streams tomorrow's Live 8 multi-city concert event. The Live 8 event, which seeks to raise awareness about and funds to combat global poverty, comes 20 years after the original Live Aid concert, which raised funds for famine victims in Africa.
AOL will stream the real-time feeds of the Live 8 concerts in Berlin, London, Paris, Philadelphia, Rome, and Toronto. Between the Webcasts, TV broadcasts on major networks, and radio play, it is estimated that the concerts will be available to nearly 5.5 billion people, or 85 percent ...» 0 Comments