Michael McLarenMember since June 2015Contact Michael
- CEO - Merkle B2B Group Merkle Inc
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-mclaren-2551612/
- Twitter: michaeljmclaren
- New York New York
- 10017 USA
Forever curious about the intersection of creativity, technology and data - their impact on marketing communications and the endless possibilities for connecting with customers in new and different ways
Articles by Michael All articles by Michael
- Pssst - Brands Are Quietly Eying Creative Agencies, Global Business Services in
The market is sending disruptive intent signals for creative agencies, while big brands also are researching "global business services" in big numbers, suggesting some big changes may be imminent.
- M&As Brewing? Data Shows 'Acquisition Strategy' Spiking Among Advertisers, Agencies in
Shareholder activism, strong economic growth, and low interest rates helps explain the surge in M&A interest.
- Intent Data Reveals Brands, Agencies Aligned On Ad Fraud in
With the rise of ecommerce spurred by the pandemic, it's no surprise that ad fraud is top of mind for most advertisers.
- 'Brand Safety' Spikes Amid Russian Invasion Of Ukraine in
The deeply disturbing events in Eastern Europe are raising stakes for advertisers to be aware of brand-safety concerns and the context in which ads show up.
- Clients Are Digging Into 'Modern Marketing' in
Agencies, meanwhile, are brushing up on "advertising solutions."
- For Brands, There's No Place Like Digital Place-Based Advertising in
This week the industry is most interested in location, location, location. As in, location-based marketing, which incidentally reflects a big gap between advertisers and agencies
- Why Are Marketers Studying Anti-Spam Content? in
Perhaps it has something to do with online shoppers noticing a corresponding uptick in phishing scams around the holidays?
- Yes, 'Mail Order' Is Still A Thing, And Interest Is Spiking Among Marketers in
Interest in "mail order" -- the original direct-to-consumer (D2C) marketing -- has been climbing steadily since early November.
- Marketers Dig Deep On 'Brand Equity,' 'Predictive Lead Scoring,' 'Dynamic Creative' in
What's in a brand? Marketers want to know. "Brand equity" has continued to grow in ad executive content consumption rankings since early November.
- Marketer Interest In 'Mixed Reality' Surges in
Interest in "demand planning" was also trending among advertisers.
Comments by Michael All comments by Michael
- 'Local Marketing' Surges, 'Content Marketing' Erodes
Thanks for the feedback. We are looking at a relatively small sample scale from week to week and accordingly, our commentary is simply meant to provide insights into interests and,from this, indicate potential intent to take an action. It is a hyper focused view into the challenges brands and agencies are being faced with every day – with the goal of bringing awareness to those areas where we might be able to anticipate needs. We focus on those topics with the with the highest % of interest spikes each week. Hope this clarifies. Michael
You haven't told us anything about yourself! Surely you've got something to say. Tell us a little something.