Michael McLarenMember since June 2015Contact Michael
- CEO - Merkle B2B Group Merkle Inc
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-mclaren-2551612/
- Twitter: michaeljmclaren
- New York New York
- 10017 USA
Forever curious about the intersection of creativity, technology and data - their impact on marketing communications and the endless possibilities for connecting with customers in new and different ways
Articles by Michael All articles by Michael
- Conversion Optimization: Brands, Agencies Diverge in
Converting audience traffic into sales is, perhaps, the biggest challenge facing marketers today.
- Inquiring Brands Want to Know: Search, Customer Behavior, Mobile App Automation in
"Search engines" was the No. 1 trending topic among brands in recent weeks, signaling an intent to derive insights from search efforts in order to optimize one's online marketing efforts to the fullest degree possible.
- Brands Show Heightened Interest In Personalized Content, 'Opt-Out' Too in
In this week's analysis of Bombora's Company Surge data, "real-time personalization," "brand voice," and "content personalization" were among the top five trending topics among the MediaPost 500.
- Intent Data Show Increased Interest in 'Online Video' Among Both Brands And Agencies in
"Online video platform" was up again this week among both marketers and agencies, as the pandemic amplified video consumption habits for the foreseeable future.
- Brand Interest Piques For 'Networked Digital Signage,' 'Social Business' in
After a dormant year, the travel industry predicts domestic travel to bounce back in the third quarter to pre-pandemic levels. For marketers , digital-out of-home presents additional opportunities to reach target audiences.
- Brands Love 'Customer Segmentation,' Agencies, Not So Much in
This week's intent data reveals an interesting disconnect between brands and agencies when it comes to "customer segmentation."
- Marketers Zero In On 'Price Sensitivity,' 'Attention,' And - Yes - Even 'Radio' in
"Price sensitivity" was a trending topic among marketers last week, according to intent data.
- Brands, Agencies Look To Programmatic, Billboards, 'Advertising Solutions' in
This week's intent data points to a rise in searches around "programmatic" and "LED billboards" among both brands and agencies.
- In An Always-On World, 'Content Marketing' Reigns Supreme in
This week's intent data gives us an important reminder: Content is still king!
- Intent Data Reveals 'Traditional Marketing' Disconnect Between Advertisers And Agencies in
Brands and agencies are on different pages when it comes to "traditional marketing." Data shows interest is spiking among marketers, but fewer and fewer agencies buying into it.
Comments by Michael All comments by Michael
- 'Local Marketing' Surges, 'Content Marketing' Erodes
Thanks for the feedback. We are looking at a relatively small sample scale from week to week and accordingly, our commentary is simply meant to provide insights into interests and,from this, indicate potential intent to take an action. It is a hyper focused view into the challenges brands and agencies are being faced with every day – with the goal of bringing awareness to those areas where we might be able to anticipate needs. We focus on those topics with the with the highest % of interest spikes each week. Hope this clarifies. Michael