Results for October 2012

Tech Savvy Multicultural Customers Force New Media Platforms
According to an ANA (Association of National Advertisers) member survey, 87% of marketers are either increasing or maintaining spending on all multicultural media compared to last year. Additionally, 84% of multicultural marketers are growing or maintaining budgets specifically for newer media platforms.» 2 Comments
Apple Moves Up But Samsung Holds Mobile User Lead
According to comScore, for the three-month average period ending in August, 234 million Americans (74.5%) age 13 and older used mobile devices. Samsung ranked as the top OEM with 25.7% of U.S. mobile subscribers, followed by LG. Apple continued to inch closer to the #2 ranking, followed by Motorola.» 0 Comments
Code Buster For Selected Socials
According to a new study from Compendium about social sharing practices, there are significant differences in managing social media channels when preparing and scheduling promotional messages appealing to either businesses or the consumer. Not only what to share, but you also how and when to sayit, says the report.» 0 Comments
Rich Media Communicating More Effective
According to Celtra's Quarterly Mobile Rich Media Monitor, summarized in part by Marketing Charts, among 60 campaigns across 4 industry verticals engagement rates were the highest in the financial vertical, although both retail and entertainment also saw double-digit engagement rates, with auto close behind.» 0 Comments
30-60 Sec Video Ads Tops Engagement; 1-2 Minutes Tops Viewing
According to a recent Jun Group study, the vast majority of today's online video advertising takes the form of 15-second pre-roll spots jammed in front of the video content that consumers are really after. At its core, opines the report, this is an interruptive practice that forces viewers to sit through something that's likely unwelcome and irrelevant. Increasingly, consumers resent it.» 2 Comments
Social Media Marketing Trends and Frustrations
According to the Chief Marketer 2012 Social Marketing Study, polling active marketing professionals at brands and agencies distributed across a range of industry verticals, 76% of overall respondents to the survey said their brands were conducting some level of marketing within social media, and a further 16% reported plans to begin do so by the end of this year, making for a potential social marketing contingent of 92%.» 0 Comments
Global Ad Spending Strengthening
According to the most recent ZenithOptimedia ad expenditure forecast, Global expenditure will grow 4.6% in 2013, reaching US $525 billion by the end of the year. Developing markets are forecast to grow by 8% on average in 2013. Central & Eastern Europe will bounce back after a tough 2012 with 7.4% growth in 2013, while Asia Pacific (excluding Japan) grows by 8.2%, and Latin America grows by 10.1%.» 0 Comments
Like It or Leave It
According to a recent study by Lab42, 87% of Facebook users say they "like" brands on Facebook, and among them 50% say a brand's Facebook page is more useful than its website. Five years ago, says the report, the term "like" was just another word used to describe one's preferences.» 2 Comments
Tablets Boost Mobile Shopping Dollars
According to a new report by Javelin Strategy & Research, consumers spent more than $20.7 billion shopping using mobile devices, with approximately $5 billion of mobile purchases made through tablets last year. With holiday shopping and other driving forces, the number of people owning tablets is expected to more than double within the next three years.» 2 Comments
CEOs See Digital As The Driver
According to Ernst & Young's latest CEO study Opportunity and optimism: How CEOs are embracing digital growth released today, global media and entertainment CEOs expect digital revenue will be a rapidly increasing percentage of overall revenue for companies, The report reveals that approximately half of all CEOs surveyed believe digital will increase their overall revenues and margins by at least 10% within the next three years.» 1 Comments
« Previous Entries Next Entries »