Results for May 2010
- Public Venue Video Attracts Viewers, Makes Sales
- According to a new Arbitron study, more than 70% of the U.S. population, or 181 million, have viewed a digital video display out of home in the past month, while 52% of the population, or 135 million, have viewed digital video display in the past week.
Digital video in public venues reaches more Americans each month (70%) than video over the Internet (43%) or Facebook (41%).
The report notes that DOOH video dwarfs many prominent new media and marketing platforms. More American teens and adults have seen a digital video screen at a public venue in the past ...» 0 Comments
- Celebrity Scandals Have Low Brand Impact
- According to the findings of a new Adweek Media/Harris Poll of 2,140 U.S. adults surveyed in April, 2010 by Harris Interactive, 74% of Americans say when a celebrity endorser gets involved in a scandal, it doesn't impact the way they feel about the brand or brands they endorse. 22% say they feel worse about the endorsed brands and 5% say they feel better about them.» 0 Comments
- Small Business To Increase Traditional and Online Marketing
- According to the FedEx Office third annual Signs of the Times national small business survey, small business owners are eager to lead the charge out of the country's protracted recession, with 72% saying they will be the driving force behind the U.S. economic recovery in 2010. 51% of the small business owners polled say their businesses have already, or will fully, recover by the end of this year.
This optimism is a marked improvement over the survey's findings last year, when 54% of respondents indicated they were very concerned about the economy's impact on their business.» 0 Comments
- App Ads Precipitate Sales
- A recent study from mobile audience media company JiWire revealed that, of the roughly 1,000 smartphone users surveyed, 52% claim they have acted on an advertisement in an app and 18% have made a purchase directly from an ad in an app in the last month. Their new report "examines device use, consumer adoption of Wi-Fi and consumer preferences for mobile content and advertising delivery."» 0 Comments
- Measurement A Must To Improve Performance
- According to the results of the 2010 Omniture Online Analytics Benchmark Survey about marketers' use of emerging channels such as mobile, social media and video, 55% of respondents cannot effectively measure marketing ROI, and only 14% of respondents utilize video, mobile and social media in their marketing mix.
Matt Langie, director of product marketing, Omniture Business Unit, observes that "...a significant opportunity exists for marketers to implement measurement and optimization strategies for mobile, social media and video... sound strategies for these emerging channels can be a significant competitive advantage to drive revenue growth."» 0 Comments
- Search And Banners Lead Online Ad Spend Forecast
- According to a recent eMarketer revised forecast of Internet ad spending, US spending on online advertisements will increase nearly 11% to $25.1 billion, up from $22.7 billion. eMarketer's previous prediction in December 2009 was for 5.5% growth. A stronger-than-expected search and banner market, along with the rush among advertisers for greater accountability in the still-soft economy, led to the revision.» 0 Comments
- Social Addiction
- According to the latest Retrevo Gadgetology study asking social media users such as when, where, and how much time they spend on sites and services like FaceBook and Twitter, many people appear to be obsessed with checking in with their social media circles throughout the day and even the night. Not only do social media fanatics check Facebook and Twitter throughout the day, almost half of the respondents said they check in on the social media scene in bed, during the night or as soon as they wake up in the morning. Younger social media users said they tweet by ...» 0 Comments
- About Mothers, Not Mother's Day
- Following the metrics of mother's day, this Pew Research Center report sheds light on the demographics of today's motherhood by comparing women who gave birth in 2008 with those who gave birth in 1990, based on data from the National Center for Health Statistics and the Census Bureau. The report is authored by Gretchen Livingston and D'Vera Cohn. Mothers of newborns are older now than their counterparts were two decades ago. In 1990, teens had a higher share of all births (13%) than did women ages 35 and older (9%). In 2008, 10% of births were to teens, compared with ...» 0 Comments
- Brand Loyalty Suffers During Recession
- According to the recent results of a comScore study on brand loyalty among consumer goods products, showing a significant decline in consumers' allegiance to their favorite brands during the past two years, the percentage of shoppers who typically buy the brands they want most has steadily declined across the categories examined. In March 2010, less than 50% of shoppers reported purchasing the brand they want most.» 0 Comments
- Forces Shaping World
- According to the McKinsey sixth annual survey asking executives about the forces shaping the world economy, there is little change in how respondents view the importance of global trends compared with previous years, either for business in general or for their own companies' profits. The online survey, in the field in March 2010, generated responses from 1,416 executives around the world, representing the full range of industries, regions, functional specialties, and seniority. An ongoing shift in global economic activity from developed to developing economies, accompanied by growth in the number of consumers in emerging markets, are the global developments that ...» 0 Comments