Hotelier Marriott International has more than 4,200 destinations worldwide, and it can now put them into play after signing a deal naming it the official hotel for the NBA, specifically as the first league partner that will activate behind international games on five different continents, beginning at the NBA Africa Game on Aug. 1 and then continuing during the Global Games and Canada Series, with Marriot set to support via multi-platform activations.
The age of technology has certainly changed many industries, but ad agencies have had to completely reinvent themselves. The hours people spend on their phones, in email and browsing social networks dwarf the time spent reading newspapers and magazines. And DVRs and online streaming help most consumers skip right through traditional commercials.
Apple kicked off its Back-to-School promotion for the year this week. Any customer who purchases a new Mac Pro, MacBook Air, McBook Pro, MacBook, or iMac with education pricing will receive a free pair of Beats Solo2 headphones. Apple kicked off its Back-to-School promotion for the year this week. Any customer who purchases a new Mac Pro, MacBook Air, McBook Pro, MacBook, or iMac with education pricing will receive a free pair of Beats Solo2 headphones.
The Deerfield-based snack company is looking for ways to boost its results amid a slowdown in the global snacks business. Earlier this month, Mondelez closed on two deals: It completed the merger of its coffee business with that of a smaller rival, and it acquired an 80% interest in a Vietnamese biscuit company.
Now that Teslas are starting to hit the used-car market, they show the potential to attract more younger, less affluent buyers and could expand the audience for the luxury electric-car maker, according to a recent study by Edmunds.com. An analysis by car-buying site Edmunds.com looked at the registration data of all Tesla Model S vehicles sold in the U.S., It found more middle-class and young buyers are opting for used ones.
Sales decreased 5% to $76.3 billion - missing Wall Street forecasts. Closely-watched organic sales, which exclude impacts from foreign exchange, acquisitions or divestitures, increased 1%. The Cincinnati-based consumer products giant said results were marred by foreign exchange rates, which shaved total sales by 6%. The company also took a $2.1 billion charge as it changed its method for accounting for Venezuelan operations.
Silicon Valley automaker Tesla Motors introduced an incentive program to encourage owners of its electric vehicles to convince their friends to buy cars, even as the company spurns traditional marketing tactics such as advertising. Tesla CEO Elon Musk described the incentives as an effort to ascertain whether the company can rely on social marketing tactics more heavily and open fewer retail locations.
At first glance, the imagery on the Bears' 2015 advertising campaign is not drastically different from the new billboards they debuted last season. But the team is trying to be more precise in reaching specific groups of fans, said Chris Hibbs, Bears VP, sales and marketing. That means using more of its ads to call fans to action for specific events. "It's less about a pure brand message," Hibbs said. "It's now a more targeted approach around certain fan segments we want to grow."
Kendall Jenner veered away from her usual stern runway look and showed off her silly side in a funny new advertisement for Este Lauder. The short video came out Monday and is meant to promote the product called Pure Color Envy Liquid Lip Potion. The ad is the latest installment from a series of campaigns that feature the reality star turned supermodel.
The retailer is taking it up a notch and centering its newest fall 2015 denim campaign on 'sexting' and hookup culture. Shot by acclaimed fashion photographer Mario Sorrenti, the campaign depicts models strewn in provocative positions. The images have text screenshots stamped on them depicting erotic conversations centered on hooking up.