In a sequel to Edison Research's survey from 2000, "Radio's Future: Today's 12 to 24 year-olds," the company conducted 1533 interviews nationwide with 875 interviews age 12-24 and 888 interviews age 22-34. In addition, an online survey is included of respondents ages 12 to 34 using the "KnowledgePanel" from Knowledge Networks. The interviews were conducted in September, 2010, matched to national age and sex demographics
Social couponing, in which online coupon offers go active once a minimum number of registered users sign on to them, has become a hot new promotional platform, at least for Groupon and Living Social. But new research finds that about a third of the merchants extending those discounts may find them a very mixed blessing. According to study of 150 businesses by Rice University's Jones School of Business, of a coupon promotion by Groupon, those coupon campaigns were unprofitable for 32% of the businesses that ran them. And more than 40% of the response group said they would not ...
According to a new survey by Citrix Online, conducted by Forrester Consulting, Gen X workers, not those in the younger Gen Y generation, make up the majority of those who use social networking for business, followed closely by Boomers aged 55 and older. It also shows a highly-dispersed workforce still favoring meetings, but increasingly using tools such as social networking and video chat to communicate and collaborate.
A new study by Clear Channel Outdoor with MarketShare Partners explores the use and effectiveness of OOH advertising, evaluates the financial contribution of OOH as part of a balanced marketing mix, and discuss how marketers can make more informed decisions regarding their marketing budget allocation. Though this Research Brief cannot capture the extensive analysis devoted to the incremental benefits depicted of combined OOH with other traditional advertising categories, it can at leas alert our readers to the availability of a comprehensive whitepaper exploring the opportunities.
According to SAY Media, with comScore and TRU, consumers who've shifted the majority of their video viewing to non-live video content make up a significant portion of the adult, online population in the United States. This Off-the-Grid group represents nearly one third of the adult, online population in the United States -nearly 56 million people and growing, says the report.
recent Harris Poll survey finds that there is a sense of national pride when advertising emphasizes a product is "Made in America," and it seems to have results. 61% of Americans say they are more likely to purchase something when the ad touts it is "Made in America" and only 3% say they are less likely to buy it. 35% of U.S. adults say they are neither more nor less likely to purchase a product when an ad emphasizes it is "Made in America."
According to figures recently released by The Nielsen Company, global ad spending continues a steady climb to recovery in the first half of 2010. Advertising in the world's largest market is also seeing signs of growth, with advertisers spending an estimated $54 billion during the first half of 2010, a 3.8% increase in U.S. ad spending year-over-year.
According to a recent survey by the Pew Research Center, reported by Rich Morin, Sr. Editor, the Great Recession brought a mix of hardships for 55% of Americans, usually in combination: a spell of unemployment, missed mortgage or rent payments, shrinking paychecks and shattered household budgets. For the other 45% of the country, the recession was largely free of such difficulties. The recession officially began in December 2007 and was recently determined to have ended in June 2009.
According to Empathica Consumer Insights research of more than 15,000 Americans and Canadians focused on banking, consumers' preferred channels, and bank loyalty factors, 41.4% of consumers indicated their preferred banking channel was the Internet, followed by Branch at 32.6%, ATM at 23.3%, and Mobile and Telephone a distant fourth and fifth at 1.5% and 1.3% respectively. Yet, when a problem arose, consumer preference drastically shifted.
According to Mintel research, a cup of coffee is a daily occurrence for 66% of Americans, but sales have been relatively unchanged in recent years. Demand for coffee is strong among those aged 45+, and over-55-year-olds are the fastest growing segment of coffee drinkers. In order to sustain long-term growth, says the report, marketers need to court their younger customers. The study found that while 40% of 18-24-year-olds believe coffee improves their concentration, only 27% drink coffee on a daily basis.