• Broadband Internet Grows To 25 Million In The U.S.
    According to Leichtman Research Group, US cable and DSL providers accumulated over 24.6 million high-speed Internet subscribers by the end of 2003. The twenty largest cable and DSL providers in the US added a combined 7.4 million high-speed Internet subscribers in 2003.
  • How Much Spam Can Can-Spam Can?
    eMarketer reports that according to an Ipsos Public Affairs study, 21% of US adult internet users have cut down on e-mail usage since the onslaught of spam. Among the 55% who use email regularly, 77% receive spam. 71% say the amount of spam they receive has not changed since the inception of the Can-Spam act in January.
  • Online Outpaces Traditional Advertising in Some Categories
    DoubleClick Inc. and Nielsen//NetRatings, in a joint Year in Online Advertising Report for 2003, developed a picture of the relative growth of ad spending both in aggregate and by key industry segments. Doug Knopper, Senior Vice President at DoubleClick, said "The online medium outpaced certain categories of traditional media in terms of spending growth; volume is up across categories, and Fortune 500 companies renewed their commitment to interactive marketing"
  • DVR Consumers Sacrifice Convenience and Cash to Skip TV Commercials
    Two recent reports from Knowledge Networks/SRI shows that early adopters of home media technologies are willing to pay a significant price for the capability to bypass commercials in television programming; but many may not be willing to offer up information on their viewing habits as part of the bargain.
  • Two Thirds Can't Find Clothes To Fit Budget
    According to the monthly BIGresearch Consumer Intentions and Actions Study, married women between the ages of 35 and 44 are much less satisfied with the clothing options available to them than their single counterparts - particularly when it comes to price.
  • Housing Boom Attributed to Boomers
    Cheryl Russell, at newstrategist.com, reports on what's behind the housing boom in 2003, noting that, according to the Census Bureau, homebuilders broke ground on an estimated 1.85 million housing units and sales of existing homes rose to a record 6.1 million units according to the National Association of Realtors.
  • Internet Broadcast Ratings For February 2-8
    According to the latest Arbitron data, AOL Radio@Network was ranked the Top Internet Broadcaster with 6,124,864 hours of Total Time Spent Listening, the sum total of hours listeners tune to a given station or network, for the week of February 2.
  • Three Fourths of US Internet Population, Two Fifths of Americans, Using Search Engines
    Nielsen//NetRatings reports that 114.5 million, or 39 percent of Americans, used a search engine during January 2004. The 114.5 million unique users, representing 76 percent of the active online U.S. population, each spent nearly forty minutes using search engines during the month. "Search engines continue to be the primary tool people use to navigate the Web," said Jason Levin, analyst, Nielsen//NetRatings. "With the big search players having recently updated their search capabilities, Internet users should expect to find even better search results from the major search engines in the near future."
  • Portable or Permanent Phone? That is the Question
    In a summary of a their recently released report, Cutting the Cord: Consumer Profiles and Carrier Strategies for Wireless Substitution, In-Stat/MDR notes that among those consumers still using a landline as their primary phone, 26.4% would consider replacing it with a wireless phone. The firm finds that 14.4% of US consumers currently use a wireless phone as their primary phone, with the remaining 85.6% still using a landline as their primary phone.
  • Web Users Attached to Both Online and Offline Media Brand
    The Online Publishers Association announced the results of its Multi-Channel Media Brand study, which found that frequent visitors to media Web sites show strong emotional bonds to these sites and the related offline properties. Michael Zimbalist, executive director of the Online Publishers Association, said "This research has significant implications for advertisers. By developing effective cross-media messaging, advertisers can take advantage of the considerable overlap in online and offline media brand usage."
« Previous EntriesNext Entries »